Tuesday, July 3, 2007

grey room syndrome...

Why am I here? What will all these make me of? I lie on my bed awakened by some sweet song that, at least for a moment, gives me solace. I don’t know if this is one of those sacrifices that I am talking about. But as I lie in the darkness, breathing and feeling my hear beat, I half wish for it to just stop. For I think it’s the only way to be able to get out of this plight. I can’t believe how life, again, has left me breathless, or worse, paralyzed in the suffocation of things. It’s only been two weeks and to my surprised that I am still sober. Right now, I hate hope, which is always there at its evil state, for it gives a man reason not to let go, prolonging the torment of his soul. But what else can I do but to cling on hope for if I let go it will bring more perdition other than what I am expecting to face. My friend said that it will be all over soon-or is it? Will it be soon enough for me to stand and soon enough for me to contain these emotions that, as of the moment, are clouding my very sense of fighting. I am trying, doing my best to be strong enough for others to see that I am not giving up. But the truth is I never wanted this fight at the first place because I know it is too much for me to take. And yet there is no other except to face it. I am still awed at the same time thankful that I am making it through the day without bursting and though I am sinking more into this perplexity I am trying not to falter.
Well I've been here before,
I've sat on the floor,
In a grey grey room.
Where I stay in all day,
I don't eat but I play,
With this grey grey food.
Desole, If someone is prayin'
Then I might break out. Desole,
Even if I scream,
I can't scream that loud.
I'm all alone again,
Crawling back home again,
Just stuck by the phone again.
Yeah, well I've been here before,
Sat on a floor,
In a grey grey mood.
Where I stay up all night,
And all that I write,
Is a grey grey tune.
So pray for me child,
Just for a while
And I might break out.
Pray for me child,
Even a smile Would do for now.

No comments: