Saturday, July 21, 2007

a scent that reminds...

They say that the sense of smell has the greatest power to recall a memory, and ever since I heard that I try to pick up a scent from one memorable place or event. Yes, it’s kinda weird but I am investing on it because we’ll never know if it’s true or not unless it’s right at front of you.

Well, yesterday, it happened, a perfect recollection of a scent that reminds me of a bittersweet memory. Yes, a reminiscent from a pleasant smell that sends me right back in time whether I like it or not. And no matter how much I try to avoid it, it seems to follow me wherever I go, it seems inevitable. I don’t want to think about it right now, or even get reminded by the slightest thing involved with it.


…I close my eyes as the sweet scent of chamomile and rose take over me, I close my eyes breathe deep and before I knew it, I am back. Back to a dreaded time, yet remained perfectly still leaving a mark in my mind that won’t simply go. I can still see her face. Her deep hazel eyes gleaming with great beauty. A perfectly crafted smile curved by her emotions. It was once us, but as time passes, it will only be remembered with just once upon a time…

No comments: