Friday, July 27, 2007

rains...

At last, I caught the rain as it falls on the ground. I love the rain, I love standing outside with my umbrella while listening to its soft dropping sound that seems like some lullaby to my soul. For me, rain is one of those sweet blessings from above that makes you realize that you are alive. It awakens my senses and gives a soft tap on my soul whenever it falls down onto my skin and the coldness that it brings reminds me of the warmth that I have in me, proving to me that I am real. Sometimes when it rains I would not open my umbrella I would just let it take over me, I would let it take me into some fantasy that would disguise my true emotions, it will hide the tears in my eyes yet it will wash off the pain and the sorrows I have in me. The rain is always a refuge for me, for it would make me stop for a moment and think of the happiest thoughts that I have. Every rain drop is a pensive of memory that will always be a mark in my heart. Every dripping sound it makes when it hits something will always send a spark of happiness in me.

Rain is something big for me, it will always remind me of my friends and family and how I spend time with them, for they are very much my umbrella whenever a storm comes to my life, a sweet refuge from the coldness life can bring.
I can't escape the fury of the lord tears
It punishes me for simply living for all these years
Is there a lesson to be learned from this hard rain?
Do I deserve this, or is this god gone insane?
They say that the lord works in mysterious ways
If it's true, I seem to be having one of his bad days
I would like now for this rain to stop just for a while
Like god is still contemplating the sentence of my trial
(taken from 'gilad )

2 comments:

Irene said...

I also LOVE rainy days. There's something dangerously romantic about the dark sky, strong winds and fierce pitter-patter of falling drops.

Have a good weekend, Paolo! ;p

Paolo... said...

yeah! I agree with you! I love rainy days! ΓΌ wohoo!


have a good weekend too! :)